FX Trader Resume Samples
Fx Traders, or Foreign Exchange Traders, closely follow the foreign currency exchange market and make trades, and therefore profits, based on varying currency rates.
Skills found on sample Fx Trader resumes include managing global hedging portfolios, and providing clients with Global Macroeconomic Analysis, Emerging Markets Analysis, and Technical Analysis. Insofar as education is concerned, Fx Traders must list at least a Bachelor's degree on their resumes, and any experience they may have in a trading environment can be especially helpful in landing a job.
Find out what is the best resume for you in our Ultimate Resume Format Guide.
FX Trader | Sales
Sold various FX products and services to client banks
- Forged and maintained new relationships with financial institutions
- Generated new revenue growth
- Quoted rates aggressively in various currencies to win new accounts
- Created trading strategies for desk using market information, financial news, and charting analysis
- Oversaw all aspects of desk sales and trading
- Exceeded revenue growth expectations and P&L targets
Senior FX Trader
Increased trading income from $2,000,000 in 1997 to $78,000,000 by 2007.
- Managed Asia shift on FX trading desk (4pm-12am), responsible for front and back office management.
- Implemented procedures for 24-hour FX trading desk, conceived operational strategy, established controls.
- Priced all FX trades from fund accounting, buying or selling currency to cover exposure.
- Developed trading strategy, managed currency positions using technical/fundamental analysis.
- Forecasted domestic and international cash, used currency swaps to minimize risk exposure.
- Coordinated with global sub-custody banks to execute FX trades, and resolve trading exceptions.
- Processed FX side of corporate actions through global sub-custodians using specified protocol.
- Partnered extensively with IT, compliance, risk management, and operations teams to complete projects.
Handled international settlement including Letter of Credit and collection.
- Managed banking transactions including line of credit, term loan, money transfer, deposits, and foreign exchange.
- Prepared monthly management reports and business analysis.
- Promoted high quality customer service and improved client relationships.
Successfully managed funds for retail investors.
- Searched for potential FX investors by using different means of advertisement and marketing.
- Educated investors on FOREX market intricacies and informed about risk and reward potential.
- Analyzed market conditions by using Technical and Fundamental analysis.
- Regularly Executed Buy/Sell trading orders.
- Interacted with investors on the regular basis and informed them about current trading and account situation.
Senior FX Trader/ Sales
Responsible for global order book during Asian Time Zone consisting of over 1,000 orders daily in over 20 currency pairs.
- Quote prices and execute trades for global client base and internal traders.
- Counsel high net worth individuals, corporate clients and internal proprietary traders with regards to market new, market liquidity, as well as technical and fundamental market analysis.
- Developed strategic alliances with interbank community in region, as well as our overseas offices.
FX Trader / Portfolio Accountant
Execute all foreign exchange transactions.
- Managed all failing equity & foreign exchange settlement issues.
- Daily management of company holdings and transactions via Advent.
- Produced multiple reports for investment team.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of client accounts with multiple global custodians.
- Responsible for managing risk and execution of daily FX positions
- Provided staff with daily research and analysis of overnight market activity and news events
- Responsible for pricing of spot, forward and option contracts
- Market analysis contributions to Bloomberg News and the International Herald Tribune
- Assisted IT with creation and integration of backend and front end trading applications
- Managed trade book and assisted back office with client accounts and records
Develop trading models for spot currency pairs based on breakout strategies for high-volatility news releases.
- Develop risk models, which determine trade sizes and stop loss figures.
- Execute trades based on signals received from trading models.
- Perform regular analyses on strategies and models, tweaking as required.