An open-source crypto currency exchange
Peatio is a free and open-source crypto currency exchange implementation with the Rails framework and other cutting-edge technology.
Our mission is to build the world best open-source crypto currency exchange with a high performance trading engine and safety which can be trusted and enjoyed by users.
Additionally we want to move the crypto currency exchange technology forward by providing support and add new features.
We are helping people to build easy their own exchange around the world.
Help is greatly appreciated, feel free to submit pull-requests or open issues.
Things You Should Know
RUNNING AN EXCHANGE IS HARD.
Peatio makes it easier, but running an exchange is still harder than a blog, which you can download the source code and following the guide or even a cool installer and boom!!!
a fancy site is there to profit.
We always prioritize security and speed higher than 1-click setup. We split Peatio to many components (processes) so it's flexible to deploy and scalable.
SECURITY KNOWLEDGE IS A REQUIREMENT.
Peatio cannot protect your customers when you leave your admin password 1234567, or open sensitive ports to public internet.
How to create your OWN cryptocurrency in 15 minutes - Programmer explains
No one can. Running an exchange is a very risky task because you're dealing with money directly. If you don't known how to make your exchange secure, hire an expert.
You must know what you're doing, there's no shortcut.
Please get prepared before continue:
- Rails knowledge
- Security knowledge
- System administration
- Designed as high performance crypto currency exchange.
- Built-in high performance matching-engine.
- Built-in Proof of Solvency Audit.
- Built-in ticket system for customer support.
- Usability and scalibility.
- Websocket API and high frequency trading support.
- Support multiple digital currencies (eg.
Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin etc.).
- Easy customization of payment processing for both fiat and digital currencies.
- SMS and Google Two-Factor authenticaton.
- KYC Verification.
- Powerful admin dashboard and management tools.
- Highly configurable and extendable.
- Industry standard security out of box.
- Active community behind.
- Free and open-source.
- Created and maintained by Peatio open-source group.
Known Exchanges using Peatio
- Boilr - Cryptocurrency and bullion price alarms for Android
- Linux / Mac OSX
- Ruby 2.1.0
- Rails 4.0+
- Git 1.7.10+
- Redis 2.0+
** More details are in the doc.
You can interact with Peatio through API:
Here're some API clients and/or wrappers:
Peatio front-end based Bootstrap 3.0 version and Sass, and you can custom exchange style for your mind.
- change bootstrap default variables in
- change peatio custom default variables in
- add your custom variables in
- add your custom css style in
- add or change features style in `features/_xyz.css.scss'