- Initial Structure of the Block Class
- What are the Cryptocurrency built with this generator?
- How to install Java
- How to install NodeJS
- Step 1 - Download the Nxt blockchain and create the genesis block
- Step 2 - Create your own Cryptocurrency
- Let's create custom BlockChain in Java - Create Block Chain Technology in Java
- Step 3 - Create the installer for the wallet (optionnal)
- Step 4 - Host your nodes in some servers
Create your own Proof of Stake cryptocurrency with its own blockchain based on "Nxt Blockchain Creation Kit".
It should satisfy the requirements of the Jelurida Public License version 1.1 for the Nxt Public Blockchain Platform. Basically 10% of your tokens should be given to the owners of the Nxt Cryptocurrency. Furthermore, the source needs to be disclosed and under the same license.
Keep in mind that this generator is not perfect!
This generator will assist you building your NXT clone.
Initial Structure of the Block Class
If you are an advanced user follow directly the official tutorial:
What are the Cryptocurrency built with this generator?
- NodeJS (>= version 8.0)
How to install Java
How to install NodeJS
Step 1 - Download the Nxt blockchain and create the genesis block
- Clone this repository with , also feel free to fork this repository!
- Go to the cloned folder and install the npm dependencies with
- Run the Nxt Blockchain with
- Then open http://localhost:7876/index.html in your favourite browser.
Then create an account and save the private keys securely, wait until the full blockchain is synced, this can take a few hours. Copy your nxt address and also its public key.
- Open the file , this file will define the repartition of the coins your are creating.
On the first block creation 1 billion of coins will be distributed, 10% of them will be distributed to the Nxt holders (this is part of the Jelurida Public License). You have to put the list of accounts you want to credit in the first block (the genesis block) and its matching public key.
The total of the amounts should be 90000000000000000 if you don't know what to do, just put your NXT address your created (Step 1-4), and it's public key like this and save it. If you are not sure about what you are doing check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wg3uv07GU4
- Go to http://localhost:7876/test?requestTag=ADDONS click on "downloadJPLSnapshot" then upload your file "newGenesisAccounts.json" and copy paste the height you can see in your wallet as in the screenshot below, then submit.
A file will be generated after a few minutes, save it as "genesisAccounts.json" in the folder.
- Create another account (like in Step 1.4), and save its public address in the file , also edit the epochBeginning with the current date.
Step 2 - Create your own Cryptocurrency
- Update the images from according to your blockchain images and the favicon in
- Then just run and answer the generator's questions.
The generator will automatically clone the nxt-clone-starter, change the port and name in the source code.
For Windows user you should use and have docker installed.
- Once the cryptocurrency generated you can of course edit the interface inside the folder and find the java source in , note that you can find many parameters that you can edit in the following file
- Run it ! Go to folder compile with (or win-compile.sh for Windows) then run with (or run.bat for windows).
Let's create custom BlockChain in Java - Create Block Chain Technology in Java
Note that you can delete all the other folders they are now useless. Also you need to start forging yourself if you want to try to make transactions.
- Find the API doc in the folder
Step 3 - Create the installer for the wallet (optionnal)
Step 4 - Host your nodes in some servers
Once your cryptocurrency ready for deployement, you need to host some nodes online.
These nodes will share the transactions with other nodes, validates transactions, and forge blocks.
You can do that in any virtual machine, you can use for example Amazon Web Services, or OVH. Once you have your virtual machine.
Here is how to do:
- Connect to the machine, I recommend Ubuntu or Debian
- Clone your cryptocurrency
- Install java